First, I have an FO for you. Meg, the dyer at Twisted Fiber Art, does such an incredible job dyeing striping yarns and her colorways are so gorgeous. Plus, the Clapotis pattern is such a great all-purpose scarf pattern and is so easy to adapt to any type of yarn. This one took a little while to finish since I kept it on the needles as my mindless knitting project. I tend to try and keep one easy project on the needles as a travel project to take with me everywhere that I don’t really have to think about or need to refer to a pattern much.
Now, onto knitting resolutions! The Selfish knitters group on Ravelry have a thread for New Year’s Resolution knitting and Atomic posted some knitting resolutions on her blog too. I decided to post a few resolutions since I’ve had them in my head anyway. I kept it simple on the thread and posted just the first three, but thought about expanding it here and expanding it to include spinning as well.
- Clear the WIP queue from last year by the end of the month.
- Knit two sweaters this year.
- Knit one pair of socks per month – I had thought about doing the 52 pair challenge, but I think that’s a touch too ambitious, especially if I want to work on other projects too.
- Spin four ounces of roving per month.
- Dye more yarn and roving.
- Knit at least one pair of stranded socks.
- Finish holiday gift knitting throughout the year instead of all at once in December!
- Participate in another test knit.
- Work on an original pattern.
I think that gives me plenty to work on. I also want to be a little more careful with my stash acquisitions and either buy on sale, something unique that cannot be found elsewhere, at festivals, or with a specific project in mind. When I started knitting this past may I sort of got out of control and bought everything in sight. It’s time to get a handle on it and knit more, buy less!