My second Benevolent Beauty Box has arrived! I have to keep reminding myself this is a beauty-only box since I’m used to boxes with a wider mix of products, but it’s actually really nice to focus on just makeup that’s cruelty free and (mostly) vegan. I’m not a vegan myself, but when it comes to beauty products, the ingredients in vegan and cruelty-free products tend to be less irritating and easier on my skin. Anyway! On to the contents..
- Mineral Hygienics Mineral Bronzer – 28 g / $20 – (Full Size Product) I received, “Cool Kiss” which is designed for cooler skin tones. I’m probably a warm skin tone, but I’m fair to light in terms of skin color, so this is definitely the one I’d have selected between the Cool and Warm Kiss colors. Not pictured is the fact that it has a lockable sifter top. It comes out a little bit peachy on my skin which actually really looks nice and isn’t too much – most bronzers tend to be far too dark for me, but this one is basically in the goldilocks “just right” zone. There’s a very subtle shimmer too. Also included is a coupon for 70% off a mini starter kit from Mineral Hygienics.
- Modern Minerals Eyeshadow – 2 g / $12.50 – (Full Size Product) The color included was, “Surya,” a shimmery bronze/copper sort of color. The eyeshadow comes with a sifter cap (not pictured). This seems to be the “IT” color for this summer, but it’s fine because it’s such a versatile neutral sort of shade and can be paired with lots of different colors or used alone. It’s such a great color, and it’s a brand new color that isn’t available on the MM website yet!
- Saturated Colour, Colour Switch – 3.5 g / $12 – (Full Size Product) This was the spoiler product for the month. It’s a creamy white lipstick meant to be used basically like a primer to blend with other lipsticks and give you new options for old colors. It’s really versatile – more white to really lighten the lipstick, less to make a subtle change. Completely brilliant. I can’t wait to try this out on some colors I didn’t really like to see what it can do.
- Terre Mere Matte Lipstick – 4 g / $39 – (Full Size Product) I received the color, “Someone Special,” which is a neutral sort of color that edges a bit into dusty rose or raisin territory. More of a fall color than summer, I think, but it’s still a great lipstick. The formula goes on with a matte finish (not shiny/glossy) but is still creamy and not drying, and is super pigmented. Really in love with the formula, so even if the color is a wait-till-fall color, I may spring for one of the other colors (“Backstage” may be calling my name)
- Terre Mere Bronzer Brush – 1 brush / $34 – (Full Size Product) Holy wow is this brush soft. I didn’t think a synthetic brush could be this soft, but there it is! It’s meant to go with the bronzer, and I think the shape and texture is just perfect for applying bronzer.
Total Value comes to $117.50 for a 5 item box! The box costs $29.95 for a month-to-month subscription, so the value is pretty damn incredible, even at full price. I’m really loving this box so far and this month was great! I think the only brand I’d heard of and used before was Modern Minerals, so not only am I getting awesome products, but these are new brands for me too which is exactly what I want from a subscription box. As always, looking forward to next month!