The January Benevolent Beauty Box has been here for a few weeks already, but I’m finally getting around to posting about it! A pretty spectacular box yet again – everything is cruelty free, a couple of items are vegan, and I’m still digging how much this box wows me every month.
- Scrub Supply Co Turmeric Scrub – 60 g / $15.88 – (Product is full size) This bright yellow sugar scrub that doubles as a mask too! It claims it can help reduce pigmentation and help out with acne. The bag comes with a scoop and a popsicle stick stirrer/applicator which is nice. There’s no real discernible scent to it, though it does smell faintly like turmeric, and it doesn’t give me that flush like after a clay mask which is nice – it feels more gentle, despite being a coarse scrub. I like it! I obviously won’t notice any difference in one use, but it makes for a nice mask and scrub combo. There’s also a coupon code included for the Scrub Supply Co for 10% off your next order.
- Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Lip Color – 1.8 g / $13 – (Product is full size) The color received is, “Sangria,” a plummy wine color. The formula is pretty thick and waxy, more like a lip balm, so you have to thoroughly exfoliate your lips before using this or it will clump up on all the dry skin. The color goes on sheer but can build to a darker shade.
- Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Luminous Eyes Corrective Concealer – 7 g / $15 – (Product is full size) I’m already in love with the creme concealer from Lauren Brooke, so this is great to see in the box! The color matches my skin tone damn near perfectly, so this is going to get TONS of use to cover up dark eye circles. I gave it a quick try and I LOVE that this actually works – so many concealers just don’t do that great of a job, but the peachy color is simply perfect for hiding dark circles.
- Franklin & Whitman Oak Lane Face Mask – 2 oz / $24.95 – (Product is full size) This is a great clay mask that also contains cocoa powder, so it smells amazing. I tried it right away using just plain water as my carrier liquid (though, in hindsight, I should’ve used honey!) to make a paste. It took a little
- Deco Miami Nail Polish – .19 oz / $12.50 – (Product is full size) The color is, “Boy Bye,” which is an iridescent pastel purple. This bottle is A LOT smaller than most nail polishes which come in at .5 oz (over 2 times the size), but in a way, it’s nice to have the smaller bottle since I don’t tend to use up nail polish all that fast. My only gripe is that for being a smaller bottle, the price shouldn’t be the same (or nearly double) other similar polishes. Pacifica, for example, is $9 for .45 oz. The formula is pretty well pigmented, and while I haven’t tried it on my nails yet to see how well it lasts, I’ll have to report back when I do since I do like the color!
- Terre Mere Angled Eyeliner Brush – 1 brush / $24 – (Product is full size) A vegan angled eyeliner brush to go with the glitter and eyeliner set from the prior month! Perfect followup to that product, and I can always use new brushes. This brush is super soft, but still firm enough to get a nice line with a gel eyeliner.
The total value this month comes to $105.33 which is phenomenal for a box that costs $29.95 per month for a month-to-month subscription! I’m really pleased with everything and I love how this box is just such a good fit for me. It’s a great mix of new brands and old favorites with new products and solid basics. As always, looking forward to the next box!