February’s Benevolent Beauty Box arrived yesterday! It’s yet another pretty stellar box, and while these have no theme (other than being awesome), we got two lip products in some super pretty shades of red in perhaps a little nod to the holiday earlier this month.
- High Endurance Cosmetics Sweat Pretty Setting Spray – 4 oz / $13 – (Product is full size) LOVE setting sprays, and this is a huge size! It’s mostly water and glycerin based, and there’s no alcohol, so this won’t dry out your skin. The scent is a light, herbal sort of fruity scent and is really rather pleasant. Once dry, it is perfectly matte. While I haven’t had a chance to give this a good stress test, summer is right around the corner, so this is a perfect time to include this.
- Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask – 1.75 oz / $64 – (Product is full size) WHOA NELLIE. That’s a pretty expensive product to include in this box! I’ve gotten this before in the January 2016 Kloverbox, but I’m okay receiving it again in another box, over a year later. The mask is pretty neat – it’s got a cooling effect, so it’s great for warmer months as a little treat for sun-toasted skin. The ingredient list contains a bunch of oils and extracts, so it’s also pretty hydrating and doesn’t leave your skin feeling tight and dry like a clay mask can sometimes. This is quite the opposite – my skin feels hydrated and soothed after using the mask.
- Moody Sisters Dry Skin Cream – 5 oz / $18 – (Product is full size) I received the scent, “Herbal Blend,” which seems to be a mix of lavender, peppermint and juniper berry. The scent isn’t really doing it for me right out of the container – it goes on smelling a little medicinal from the juniper and peppermint. That medicinal edge faded pretty quickly though and left behind just a soft lavender scent which was much more appealing. The cream is AMAZINGLY hydrating without feeling greasy or sticky. The formula is a rich, thick cream, and just the tiniest bit goes a long way.
- Medusa’s Makeup Lip Paint – .34 oz / $12 – (Product is full size) I received the color, “Hanky Panky,” which is a deep burgundy/raspberry sort of color. I really dig the color, but unfortunately, this does contain parabens (the product card says it doesn’t, but the ingredient list on the box says otherwise). This definitely needs an invisible lip liner to keep it contained since the formula seems to want to feather out. You can control the amount of color that goes on, building to a deep opaque shade or going a little lighter. I found that it still felt a little sticky even after drying, but not sticky enough to transfer. It does need to be removed with an oil based remover and tends to stain your lips a bit. I haven’t tried this all day yet to see how it would last, but it feels like it should stay put!
- Mirabella Velvet Lip Pencil – 2.3 g / $25 – (Product is full size) I received the color, “Love,” which is a warm red. This tips ever so slightly over to orange on me, but anything that isn’t cool-toned ends up looking orange on me. Even the tiniest smidgen of a yellow tone just looks odd on my skin tone. The verdict is out on the color – it’s really close to being a perfect neutral red, but it’s just enough on the warm side that I’m not sold on the color. The formula is amazing and I LOVE this sort of product. It goes on matte but still creamy and seems like it has great staying power. This also tends to stain your lips a little, but that makes it a bit of a stain/lip pencil in one and I’m okay with that.
Overall, the total value comes to $132 which is PHENOMENAL for 5 full size products in this box. That’s really excellent for a box that costs $29.95 per month for a month-to-month subscription! I’ll use everything, even the Mirabella lip pencil since the color is growing on me the longer it’s on. I’ll definitely use the dry skin cream (HI MY SKIN IS A DESERT) and everything else in the box. This one may even land in my top 5 for this box, I like it that much. As always, looking forward to next month!