I’m lumping these two months together since they arrived together. Espionage Cosmetics had received a damaged shipment that included the nail wraps for these two months, so unfortunately the Nexus shipments were delayed, but we were given notice by email at every turn. More unfortunately, the entire shipment for both months couldn’t completely be delivered to every customer, so some of us (including myself) received one of the official wraps for the month, a bonus wrap that fit the theme, and a $10 credit for each month to make up for the missing wrap. Some people were lucky enough to get their full shipment of both wraps and a bonus wrap (and I have to assume, no credit), so I’m a little bummed that I missed making the cut in the lottery. It looks like there won’t be any voting on these, and customer service told me that the missing wraps won’t be available for purchase as they’ve done in previous months, nor will they be replaced at a later date. I know making tough decisions like this as a small business is really difficult – someone is always going to be unhappy – and it’s probably even tougher given that the damage on the shipment of products to EC was completely out of their control and not any fault of their own. So, given all that, while I’m still bummed that I’m teased with wraps on the product card that I love (DUDE, CONNECT FOUR!) but will never actually have, I feel like they managed things as best they could, kept us in the loop about the delay, and provided appropriate compensation to those of us that didn’t receive the full shipment.
Sorry, that was long! But I wanted to be clear about why this post is different from the previous ones and why there’s been Nexus radio silence around here. And now, on to the wraps!
February’s theme was, “Tainted Love,” and featured two designs that fit in with the big February holiday, Valentine’s Day.
- Queen of Hearts – These are SO SO pretty. They’re gloss with the red bits being a foil finish and they’re just perfect. Definitely something I could see the queen herself wearing.
- Crazy In Love – (not included) I love the subtlety on these, but it’s easy to tell they’re inspired by Harley Quinn. It looks like the diamonds were probably filled in with glitter, so I bet these are awesome.
- Harlequin – (bonus wrap) It’s one I already have, but it’s a favorite, so adding an extra to my stash is totally fine!
March’s theme was, “Game On!” Two genius nail wraps were included in this one, and it looks like we got a peek at some new packaging!
- World 1-1 – THIS IS AWESOME. Inspired by Super Mario Bros., this wrap features a genius glow in the dark accent. These are absolutely spectacular, and timely since we just put together our RetroPie system and have been playing the game constantly.
- Go For One More! – (not included) CONNECT FOUR! I’m just sayin, if anyone who got this one wants to trade for some discontinued wrap I have, I’m down.
- Dice – (bonus wrap) Shockingly, somehow a wrap that I didn’t already own! It does fit in with the gaming theme, so this works.
April’s theme has been released already and is, “Birds of a Feather.” The one spoiler image looks to be Edgar Allan Poe inspired (ravens, maybe?), so I’m going to keep up with my subscription! I think these two months were just a blip, and I hope that going forward, they’ll continue with stellar deliveries!