May’s Benevolent Beauty Box arrived on Monday (today is Thursday, lazy blogger is lazy this week). Do you see how well-rounded that box is? A lip gloss, eyeshadow, eyeliner, sheet mask, bath product, and an aromatherapy spray. I swear they go out of their way to really make these boxes amazing every month and it absolutely shows. And Hello Kitty eyeshadow? I’m so here for this.
- Armour Beauty Lip Gloss – 6.5 mL / $24 – (Full size product) I received the color, “Nina,” which is described as a bright opaque coral. Corals don’t work with my skin tone at all, so the color is a big miss for me. There were other color possibilities, and I think “Barracuda” would’ve been a better fit, but this was just luck of the draw (or not, as the case may be). The formula is thick and sticky, but highly pigmented and smells like a cupcake. Unfortunately, it looks like the company Armour has closed. There’s still stock available from other retailers, but probably not for long.
- Franklin & Whitman Mineral Soak – 4 oz / $24.95 – (2 oz, I think, size isn’t marked, value of $12.48) I already love this company thanks to this box, but I’m not too big on baths and we have this tiny, useless bathtub, so I’ll stack this away for a future vacation that comes with a fancy spa tub. I know these soaks are good for sore muscles which is great after a day of snowshoeing or hiking.
- ColourPop Super Shock Shadow – 2.1 g / $6 – (Full size product) The color I received is, “Small Gift,” a shimmery pink. I grew up with Hello Kitty, so this was neat to see in the box! Somehow I missed when this line launched from ColourPop in November of 2016, but I’m glad I got this in the box now since they’re no longer available through ColourPop. The shadow is super velvety and highly pigmented and goes on so smoothly.
- Gypsy Soul Organics Aromatherapy Spray – 2 oz / $19.99 – (Full size product) The scent is, “Son Rain,” and this is right up my alley. It’s a musky and grassy spray that can be used on linens, pillows, as a room spray, or even as a body spray. I absolutely LOVE this scent and will probably use it as a body spray. Bonus that it has citronella as part of the scent, so it may help keep mosquitoes away too!
- Seoul Mamas Revitalizing Mask – 1 mask / $8 – (Full size product) Sheet masks are a nice treat for a pamper-yourself day, so I’m always happy to see these show up in subscription boxes. The fabric in this one is 100% bamboo, and the ingredient list has a bunch of wonderful extracts. I haven’t tried it yet since I’m saving it for a day when I need a little time-out to relax, so I’ll have to update once I do!
- Ardency Inn Modster Easy Ride Supercharged Liquid Liner – 1.7 mL / $20 – (Full size product) In the color, “Deep Black,” this liquid eyeliner has a really neat applicator tip that’s a lot like a flexible felt-tip pen. The line comes out nice and even (even with my complete lack of finesse with drawing fine lines), but you can also add a little pressure to bend the tip down and draw nice, wide lines easily. The color applies crazy dark black and dries pretty quickly. I haven’t tried it out on my eyes yet, but the ingredients are all ones I’ve used before with no problem.
There was a bonus freebie included this time (not pictured), Viter Energy Mints. I tried one, but unfortunately, they’re artificially sweetened with sucralose, so they’re a pass for me. I find the flavor of artificial sweeteners really gross – I couldn’t even make it longer than 5 seconds with the mint in my mouth. Fun to try, but please, just use regular sugar! I’d gladly have a few calories than that nasty chemical taste.
Overall, the total value this month is $90.47 which I think is on the lower end for the box, but it’s still three times the cost which is $29.95 on a month-to-month basis. It’s hard to pick a favorite this month, but I’d say it’s probably a three-way tie between the eye shadow, liner, and aromatheraphy spray. I do really love the scent of that spray – it’s just the right blend of scents. As always, looking forward to next month’s box!