This month’s Benevolent Beauty Box arrived over a week ago, but I’m still catching up! I have to admit that the first thing I saw was that pink nail polish and I was a little disappointed since I haaaate pink, so that meant one item that I’d be trading or giving away right off the bat. The rest of the box is pretty great though (as usual), I’m just bummed about the nail polish color. My nails are barely ever naked, so nail polish is always welcome, but .. pink? No. Any other color though!
- Law Beauty Essentials Nail Polish – .37 oz – $9 – (Product is full size) The color is “A Lot of Spice” which is this coralish pink, and personally, I think it’s probably the worst nail polish color ever. I can at least respect a bolder fuchsia pink for being wild (even if I’d still never wear it, because pink), but a weak, light coral pink like this? Ugh. I just don’t like pink, so this is going to go to someone who does, and I’m going to sit here wishing it was a bright red or ocean blue instead.
- Palmetto Derma Essential Moisturizing Cream – 2 oz / $48 – (Product is full size) WHOA! A super high value product, and one that I’m sure will last me a good long while! The tiniest bit goes a long way, and the ingredient list is pretty amazing. It dispenses out of the pump bottle as a thick cream and dries to a soft, matte finish. I gave it a quick try, and I like how the formula works into my skin. This is going to be great for both summer and winter since it feels so nice and light, but also feels like it’s crazy moisturizing too.
- Ardency Inn Modster Light-Catching Eye Powder – .052 oz / $32 – (Product is full size) This is pretty spendy for a mineral eyeshadow, but the color, “Purple Hearts,” is so right up my alley. It’s a dark, rich purple with a lovely shimmery glitter in it, and I can’t wait to use this on a night out!
- LARITZY Lip Pencil – 1 pencil / $18 – (Product is full size) I don’t really use lip pencils much, but this is a solid, nice neutral color that would go well under a tinted gloss. I just wish it was a softer lip crayon instead of a pencil since it is a little too hard of a formula to put all over your lips , but works out as a liner rather well. The color just about perfectly matches my natural lip color too, so it would work well as an ‘invisible’ lip liner to keep feathery lipstick in place.
- IDUNN Minerals Lip Gloss – 6 mL / $15 – (Product is full size) The color I received is “Astrid” which is a shimmery pinky color. The color doesn’t show up as much as the shimmer does, but it looks great over the LARITZY lip pencil and isn’t too sticky of a gloss either. It would probably go really well over some bolder lip colors to give them a bit of shimmer too.
Overall the box value comes to $122 which is incredible for a box that costs $29.95 on a month-to-month basis! The only miss this month was the nail polish, but I’m definitely keeping and using the other four items, and I do love how well the lip pencil and gloss play together. The value on this box is always amazing, and I feel like it’s probably the best fit out of all the boxes I get in terms of the products I want to see in boxes (mostly makeup, a little skincare, everything cruelty free). Looking forward to the next one!