I think this is my last Beautycon box on my year-long subscription, and I’ll admit that I was thinking about unsubscribing since this subscription has been a bit more miss than hit since it seems to cater to a younger demographic. This box though? Pretty freaking amazing. There are a bunch of cruelty free companies I know and love in here, sheet masks, lip colors that are PERFECT, and blue eyeliner? It’s like I put the box together myself. If they keep on this track, I’ll totally stick around for a quarterly box that looks like this! It’s a bit of a smaller box, but I feel like the quality of the items is much higher than past boxes that contained cheap drug store or dollar store items. There were two box ambassadors this time, Kim Thai and Aidette Cancino, both of whom I’ve never heard of before and weren’t even mentioned on the box insert.
- Deco Miami Cuticle Oil – 6 mL / $12.50 – (Product is full size) The scent is “Lemon Blossom” and it does smell sweet and lemony without smelling like a kitchen dish soap. It’s also vegan and cruelty free and is a company I know and love already, so it’s great to get cuticle oil from this company!
- Deco Miami Crystal Nail File – 1 file / $10.50 – (Product is full size) More Deco Miami, and again, a great inclusion to go along with the oil. The crystal nail file is pink (eew) but it’s a nail file, so, the color isn’t as much of a deal breaker, but I’d still have preferred any of the pretty blue colors they have on their website.
- Feel Brilliant Sheet Mask – 4 masks / $35 – (2 masks included, value of $17.50) The mask is meant to be a detoxifying mask, removing oil and minimizing pores. I just don’t believe the detoxifying bit, but if it helps keep breakouts away, I’m here for it. Plus, sheet masks are just a fun pampering sort of thing to do when you need some me-time.
- Dirty Little Secret Eyeshadow Crayon – 3 g / $14 – (Product is full size) The color is “Gold Plated” and is a perfectly neutral shimmery gold color. I love this sort of color for summer, and the formula goes on smoothly and blends out easily.
- ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip – 3.2 g / $6 – (Product is full size) The color is “London Fog” and is this gorgeous, perfect red. It does take a little while to dry, but once it does, it feels like the color will easily last hours and hours. It’s also matte without feeling too drying, and I seriously love that color.
- Jonteblu Eyeliner Pencil – 1.2 g / $5 – (Product is full size) The color is “Electric Bleu” and is a metallic blue color. I tend to go for blue eyeliner since it makes the greens in my eyes pop, so this is definitely going to be used right away!
- Makeup Drop Silicone Makeup Applicator – 1 applicator / $20 – (Product is full size) What a neat idea! I’ve used beauty blender sponges before, but the idea with this is that you waste less product because the silicone applicator won’t absorb makeup, and the non porous surface allows for a more even application. It can be used for foundation, blush, highlighers, concealers, moisturizers, and primers, so I’ll have to give this a whirl and report back, but I love the idea.
- Doucce Lush Lip Gloss – 1 tube / $22 – (Product is full size) The color is “Glistening Petals” which is a neutralish shimmery pink. For a gloss, it goes on creamy and smooth, not sticky at all, and is rather well pigmented. The color is very tame and really rather lovely as an everyday wear sort of shade.
- Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Gel Mask – 6 oz / $4.29 – (Product is .5 oz, value of $.36) Peel off masks are so much fun, and this is going to be great to use after an icky hot summer day out. It is a second mask product in the box, but it’s not a sheet mask, so I’m okay with a sort-of duplicate item since it is different enough.
- Manna Kadar Flutter Mascara – 10 mL / $29 – (Product is full size) The color is “Jet Black” and is from a company I already know and love. I haven’t yet tried this mascara, but I’ll have to report back once I do. The ingredient list is short and simple, most of them being silicones and waxes, so it looks like this will be okay for my sensitive eyes.
All in all, the box value comes to $136.86. Historically, the boxes have ranged between a $100 and $150 value, so this is right around average. My monthly cost is only $26.79 including shipping since I caught a great special a year ago, but the regular price is $35.99 a box which still makes this a great value. It’s pretty much on par with cost to value ratio as the Benevolent Beauty Box and this month it was completely cruelty free as well, so that’s an extra big win in my book! If they can commit to delivering cruelty free products in these quarterly boxes, I will DEFINITELY be staying on for more. The big winners for me in this box were the ColourPop lip color, and the Jonteblu eyeliner for sure, but I honestly love and will use absolutely everything in this box. SO SO glad to see all these wonderful cruelty free items!