In my seemingly never-ending quest to catch up on the blog, here is the July edition of the Benevolent Beauty Box! As usual, it’s pretty amazing, so let’s dig in to the contents.
- Jersey Shore Cosmetics Anti-Aging Mineral Sunscreen – .56 oz / $22 – (Full size product) I LOVE having these sticks to toss in my everyday bag so that I never have an excuse to not wear sunscreen. This product uses physical blockers (Zinc Oxide) in a base of natural oils. It smells lightly nutty, and goes on smoothly and surprisingly sheer – sometimes sunscreens with zinc oxide can go on kind of opaquely white, but this one is really rather sheer. It doesn’t feel greasy either!
- Moody Sisters Lightweight Moisturizer – 4 oz / $16 – (Full size product) It’s a really different formulation than I’m used to! The product is a little more watery than your average moisturizer, but I find that it helps the product distribute better and sink in faster. The scent is mostly lemongrass with just a wee hint of peppermint and overall it smells lightly herbal and not strong at all. I’m a little worried about the coconut oil since even fractionated coconut oil can clog pores, so I’ll have to do some testing to see how my skin fares. It’s a HUGE bottle though and will last forever.
- Saint Cosmetics Eyeshadow – 3.5 g / $23 – (Full size product) The color I received is, “All Hell Broke Loose,” described as a matte warm brown. It’s a really lovely neutral shade that feels like velvet and goes on super smooth and blendable. Plus, that little compact is incredibly well-made and even comes with a mirror!
- LARITZY Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick – .1 oz / $24 – (Full size product) This limited edition color, “Nudes,” is a pinkish neutral, and is surprisingly a nice color as we’re headed towards Fall. The formula goes on creamy and dries pretty quickly to a smooth matte that doesn’t feel too drying. It’s ever so lightly vanilla scented too.
- Manna Kadar Glo Illuminator – 20 mL / $29 – (Full size product) Here’s where I admit that I’m just not into most highlighters and illuminators because they tend to be too glittery for my liking. I really don’t want to glitter and shimmer like a Twilight vampire, and I find that the glittery stuff settles into wrinkles and highlights them moreso than normal. This one in particular is crazy glittery, and it’s just not for me. The formula seems nice and all and dries perfectly matte, but, I’m just not feeling the all-over sparkle like this. I’ll probably repurpose it to use as an eyeshadow primer base.
Overall, the value of this box is $114 which is definitely incredible for the cost of $29.95 on a month-to-month basis! Everything but the illuminator are winners in my book, and I’ll definitely be using the eyeshadow, lip color, and sunscreen right away. And of course, as usual, all the products are cruelty free which is the best part of this box!