The latest quarterly round of the Espionage Cosmetics BOOM!Box has arrived! The theme this round is, “The Perfect Storm,” so I had an idea of what might be involved here, but as always, was surprised and pleased to see what showed up in the box! This time around, we have a sheet that explains all the products in the box that also doubles as our art print on the other side which is exactly what’s printed on the mousepad as well.
- Weather Witch Nail Wraps – These great wraps have glitter and glow in the dark content, so they’re extra bonus awesome! Could this be a subtle nod to everyone’s favorite weather witch, Storm from the X-Men? They fit perfectly with the theme.
- Electrostatic Spark Nail Wraps – Glossy and glow in the dark on these wraps which feature a perfect storm of lightning strikes. These are so fun and will be a great last-gasp-of-summer manicure.
- Cyclone Bookmark – This heavy brass bookmark features a domed medallion with a tornado inside. It’s a really substantial piece and will go great to mark my place in any book albeit I feel like I may have to re-read The Tempest just because.
- Lucky 13 Lacquer Quick Dry Top Coat – This is SUCH a smart idea to add into this box! The top coat by Lucky 13 Lacquer is honestly the quickest drying top coat I’ve ever used and it works incredibly well with the nail wraps (yes, I had to try it out right away!). The brush is nice and wide, so it can cover a whole nail in pretty much one pass, and it dries to a thick, glossy finish that protects your nail wraps without shrinking or curling the edges. It’s also 4-free.
- Mouse Pad – This elemental beauty is a creation of Suzanne Van Pelt and is printed on a mouse pad. She looks as if she’s getting ready to hurl a fire-ball, standing in front of a stormy background. This gal fits in perfectly with the theme, and it’s neat to see a mouse pad in this box!
- Product Sheet – The back of this is the same image as the mousepad, but what a way to double task and use less paper! The design of the product sheet is pretty great, so I couldn’t help but include it here too.
- The Three Wise Cats Incense – This scent was created just for this box by The Three Wise Cats and is a really pleasant scent that’s reminiscent of the way the air smells after a storm. It’s fresh and clean and not at all like traditional hippie patchouli incense. It smells SO good that I have half a mind to keep the bag by me here at the computer while I work since whenever I walk into the room, it smells so nice.
It’s always hard to put a value on these boxes, but the nail wraps alone are worth $20, and the box costs $36.25 including shipping, so the value definitely exceeds the cost. The value of the exclusive items that are only available with this box though make this pretty priceless! They always fit the theme into every product selected for the box and I’ve never yet been disappointed. The theme for November’s box has already been announced, and it’s, “Frozen,” which, YES! Perfect timing for that theme, and it’ll be interesting to see what they pull out of the nerdiverse to deliver on theme.
If you want to give me some love and save a little at the same time, check out my referral link here!