The first Benevolent Beauty Box of the new year! Hey, I’m late on posting this, but I’m sure that’s no shocker at this point given how I haven’t had much time to post to the blog at all the last few months. I keep saying I’m going to get better at it again since I had been really regular at posting things, but it just keeps falling off my radar. Anyway! In an effort to actually catch up, here goes.
- True Moringa Simplicity Facial Oil – 30 mL / $26 – (Sample size is 5 mL, value of $4.33 by volume – listed as $17 on product card) The applicator inside is a roller ball and I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of roller balls since they tend to clog or stick and never actually apply the product any better than you could with your fingertips. However, the roller ball bit is easy to remove, leaving me with an awesome oil that has just one ingredient! My face has been a dry wreck all winter, so this will be a huge help on the dry patches.
- Seraphine Fig Butter Lip & Cheek Stain – 4 g / $24 – (Product is full size) There’s no scent or flavor to the product and while I only tried it out as a lip stain, it goes on much like a rich, creamy lipstick without being sticky. It’s kind of the best of both lipstick and lip balm. The color is mostly like a brick red and the color payoff is enough to see it there, but not quite as much as a fully opaque lipstick making it perfect for everyday use to moisturize lips and add a pop of color. I didn’t feel like it really stained my lips, but it did look really nice on. I really love this!
- Lippy Girl Vegotastic Vegan Lip Gloss – 2.5 mL / $22 – (Product is full size) The color I received is “Plum Perfect” which is a dark burgundy/purple color. The color payoff is surprisingly good for a gloss, and it doesn’t feel sticky. Unfortunately, the color is just a little bit too dark for me, so I’ll try experimenting layering it over/under other colors, but this might be a miss for me.
- Lauren B Beauty Nail Polish – .5 oz / $18 – (Product is full size) The color I received is “House of Blues” which is a super dark navy blue color with just the slightest shimmer. This is a color that’s absolutely perfect for me since I LOVE blue nail polish! This brand is also a proven favorite, so I’m happy to see their polish in this box.
- BioRepublic Pomegranate Crush Sheet Mask – 1 mask / $4.99 – (Product is full size) I haven’t yet tried the mask, but anything pomegranate sounds good to me! The mask claims to brighten skin tone, and even and smooth complexion, but any time I get to spend 15 minutes relaxing with a sheet mask is absolutely worth it, even if the mask doesn’t live up to its wild claims. I’m always happy to see sheet masks!
Overall, the total value of the box came to either $73.32 or $85.99 depending on how you count the Moringa Oil. Either way, for a box that costs $29.99 on a month-to-month basis, that’s still more than double the cost! I’m always pretty pleased with these boxes, and in this one, my two favorites have to be the nail polish and lip stain. Looking forward to see what February’s box has in store!