I wanted to get back into the habit of posting subscription boxes and whatnot even though I’ve dropped a bunch of subscriptions this year. We’ve been away or moving most of the year, so it didn’t make sense to keep receiving stuff I wasn’t home to use (or, not wearing yoga pants and t-shirts 24/7 for months on end). Anyway! I jumped back on Medusa’s Makeup after a hiatus when I saw this box teased on social media. Unicorns, I’m in!
- Unicorn Farts Lip Sparkle – 2 g / $10 – (Product is full size) The sparkle looks like it would show up like crazy, but not a whole lot of it transfers to your lips, so it ends up being just a subtle pink shimmer. AND, it smells like cotton candy. What’s not to love?
- Magical Makeup Setting Spray – 2 oz / $11.95 – (Product is full size) It has a light, fresh smell, and while it dries a little slower than some other popular setting sprays, it didn’t feel tacky or sticky at all.
- Disco Queen Lip Gloss – .2 oz / $11.95 – (Product is full size) Oh boy, I’m usually not that into lip gloss, but this one is surprisingly not sticky and goes on more like a lip balm but with decent glitter payoff and has this pretty peachy shimmer. It’s enough to be like HELLO GLITTER, but not so much that it’s WHOA, GLITTER. Plus, it smells like cupcakes.
- Glam Rock Eyeshadow – 2 g / $9 – (Product is full size) The color is “Heroes” and is a shimmery, metallic forest green. It’s really easy to blend, so it can go on as lightly as you want, or crazy full blast deep, dark green.
- Rainbow Brush – 1 / ?? – (Bonus item) I mean, how could you have a unicorn box and not include something ridiculously rainbow fantastic. Love it!
- Unicorn Hair Ties – 2 / ?? – (Bonus item) I go through hair ties constantly, so extras are always welcome!
The value of the items comes to $42.90 and the value of the bonus items is reported to be $12 according to the product card. The beauty box only costs $15.95 per month including shipping, so we’re well over double the cost even without including the bonus item value! I was surprised that I love the lip gloss this much (and I mean, I really really do), and I’ll definitely use everything in here, so chalk this up as a winner for me. What’s even better is that every item in the box is vegan and completely cruelty free.