The Benevolent Beauty Box for April 2017 arrived today! They’ve moved up their shipping schedule so that it ships mid-month which explains the earlier arrival this month. That’s absolutely fine with me since this box is always a treat! This also marks the one year anniversary of the box – I jumped on for their second box in May of 2016, so this is my 12th monthly box from them. In honor of their anniversary, they sent out a special loyalty bonus which was the Bellapierre lip creme. Even without the bonus, this box is pretty amazing! It’s also the first that’s completely vegan.
- Scrub Supply Co. Coffee Scrub – 100 g / $16.98 – (Product is full size) HOLY COFFEE BATMAN. This smells amazing. I LOVE my morning cup of coffee, so naturally anything coffee scented is right up my alley, and this is a great, coarse sugar scrub that only has four ingredients. Did I mention how amazing it smells? We received a Turmeric scrub from the same company a few months ago and I’m loving that one too, so it’s great to see another product from this company.
- Orglamix Cream Luminizer – 1.5 g / $18 – (Product is full size) The color received is, “Illume.” I’m just not into highlighters, and I received a similar version of this in another box last year. The product is pretty greasy and the solid turns into an oil with the heat of your fingers in the pot. Mine also released from the pot when I went to try it out. I probably wouldn’t use this under or over any kind of powder since the oils would probably just eat up any powder, but I think I might actually like this better than the one from last year, so I’m not sure if maybe they tweaked the formula a little? I could see this working out okay on summer days when you want a bit of a boost without wearing a full face of makeup. It’s not quite as glittery or sparkly as the other one I have – it’s more of a subtle, rosy, pearlescent glow than a glittery sparkle. And, of course, my dry skin would love the base of natural oils. I may have to use this a few days to see how I feel about it.
- Clarria Pure Primer – 1 oz / $50 – (Product is full size) A primer with no silicones! It’s unscented and dispenses with a thick, sticky cream/gel consistency. A teeny little bit goes a crazy long way, so this is going to last me forever. The ingredient list is a bunch of oils (jojoba, rosehip, avocado), so my dry skin is going to love this as a dual purpose moisturizer and primer. It dries to a soft, matte, silky finish, and I REALLY REALLY like this. I like it enough that I’d probably use it even if I’m not putting makeup on top of it since it feels so incredibly moisturizing too. I’ve always been kinda meh on primers since I don’t usually do the whole foundation thing, but this is ridiculously amazing.
- Modish Polish – 15 mL / $12 – (Product is full size) The color received is, “Where’s my mojito?” It’s a super pretty, minty, spring green and it’s just perfect! The other variant was a pink color, so I’m super pleased to see this color in my box. I already know and love this brand, and it’s nice to get such a fun color. This is definitely going to be my next manicure!
- OFRA Liquid Lipstick – 6 g / $19.90 – (Product is full size) The color received is, “Mocha.” I had actually gotten this same color in another box last year, but it’s become a fast favorite, so I’m happy to see it again! The product has this light vanilla scent and goes on smooth, drying to a creamy, matte finish. It’s a pretty, reddish nude and from past use, it really does last a good long while without drying out completely like some long-lasting lipsticks do.
- Bellapierre Kiss Proof Lip Creme – 3.8 g / $20 – (Product is full size) This was my loyalty bonus product. The color received is, “Hibiscus.” This is my favorite of all the lip colors ever, a really pretty red raspberry color. The formula smells a little fruity and goes on as a light liquid cream. It sets pretty quickly and it feels like it’ll last for hours and hours. But the color! I mean, it’s like they know me over there at Benevolent Beauty. If I had to pick a single color out of the Bellapierre lineup, this would 100% be it.
Overall, the box value comes to $116.88! Including the loyalty bonus, the box contains a total value of $136.88 in products which is INCREDIBLE for a box that costs $29.95 per month for a month-to-month subscription. The big winner for me this month is the Clarria primer because it’s something I wouldn’t have searched for on my own, but it’s definitely a product I can see myself purchasing again because it’s just that amazing. Both lipsticks are perfect, the nail polish is an OH YES, the coffee scrub is amazing, and I’m going to have to give the Orglamix Luminizer an honest try since it seems different than the one I tried before. There was also a coupon code in the box for 33% off your first month at SerenaFit, and a note on the product card about this being Prevention to Animal Cruelty Month. I really love the commitment this box has to being cruelty free that extends beyond the products!