This is Benevolent Beauty Box’s first ever Special Edition box that shipped on December 10th. Yep, I’m still behind on the blog posts, but I’m catching up, I swear! Anyway, I knew the second they announced this that I’d need to have it since this subscription has been knocking my socks off. It did not disappoint! A makeup palette, BB Cream, lipstick, and three face products from some of my already-favorite brands plus a few new-to-me brands make for a pretty amazing luxury box that’s also 100% cruelty free.
- Manna Kadar Day-Dream Palette – 1 palette / $39 – (Product is full size) A WHOLE PALETTE! This palette contains 6 eyeshadows, 1 blush, 2 highlighters, and a contour shade all in one rather portable package which makes this perfect for travel since everything you need is right there. The company is cruelty free and this product is vegan to boot. The eyeshadow colors are right in my range (but really, what isn’t?), two neutrals, two rosy pinks, two violets to make for a great balance. The colors are nicely pigmented and blend well too.
- Mommy Makeup Stay Put Matte Lip Cream– .12 oz / $22 – (Product is full size) The color is, “Heather,” described as a dusty pink mauve and goes on a little darker than I expected, so I’m not 100% sold on the color, but I think I can still pull it off. Dusty pink or rose colors generally wash me out but I think the darker shade actually makes it okay for fall and winter. The formula is great – it goes on like a thin liquid but then once it’s dry, it’s matte and sticks and doesn’t move! I like the formula, but as far as the color, I’m probably more interested in the “Marilyn” or “Harlow” which I may have to pick up since there’s a 15% off discount code included in the box for Mommy Makeup.
- Bellapierre Derma Renew BB Cream – 1.5 oz / $75 – (Product is full size) I received the “Fair” shade which matches with the information in my beauty profile with Benevolent Beauty Box. This is just a wee bit too light for my skin tone, but I found I like the formula enough that I can make it work by dusting bronzer over top with a really light hand to bring up the color just enough. I found on my dry skin, it did clump up on the dry patches at the corners of my nose, so I just need to remember to moisturize well before using this.
- Baiser Beauty Formula Nº2 Lumineux – 1 oz / $35 – (Product is full size) This is meant to be applied just like a highlighter, either under or over makeup. It’s a pink, pearlescent liquid, and the teensiest drop goes a very long way. It smells mostly like lavender and leaves behind a subtle brightness without any sparkle or glitter. It’s oil based, so I’d imagine this would dissolve makeup if applied over foundation or powder, so this may work better without foundation for a natural glow. I do like how subtle this is and may be using it on the regular because the oil base also works as an awesome moisturizer. Also included is a code for 15% off at Baiser Beauty.
- Franklin & Whitman Walnut Hill Face Serum – 1 oz / $39.99 – (Product is full size) HOORAY for local (to me) companies! I’ve become a serum junkie as I’ve gotten older and my skin has gotten drier, so serums that are blends of oils I know and love with no parabens or silicones are on point for me. This is a blend of grape seed oil, argan oil, rosehip oil, pomegranate oil, and Vitamin E and is completely unscented (yessss!). These are all oils I use already, and they combine here to create a viscous oil that surprisingly goes on lightly and absorbs quickly to make my skin feel amazingly soft. I know I sound like an advertisement, but these are all things I look for in a good serum, and I’m loving this one. Plus! 5% of the purchase of this product goes to help dog rescue organizations in addition to the company being cruelty free, so they’ve won me over.
- Mullein & Sparrow Lemon Rose Face Wash – 2 oz / $32 – (Product is full size) It’s like a castile soap, so it’s fairly gentle and works into a rich lather to wash away makeup without being too drying. The scent is pleasant as well – the rose balances out the lemon perfectly so it’s not too floral or too citrusy and lands in that perfect goldilocks zone. It works rather well if followed with a good serum just like the one above!
In total, the value of the box is $242.99 which is incredible since the full retail price of the box is $62! There are some truly incredible products in here, and I’m finding it difficult to pick a favorite – between the face wash and serum together, the palette by itself, or the BB Cream (when dusted with bronzer, I have to say it does look great), I just can’t decide. There are a total of 6 full-sized products in here that are all cruelty free. I believe there are still a few Special Edition boxes available, and just with the BB cream alone, this box pays for itself, so it’s definitely worth it for a gift for yourself or your favorite cruelty free beauty maven.