July’s Benevolent Beauty Box arrived in the mail today! I have to say, I’m pretty happy with this box yet again. There’s a good selection of items, and even though the highlighting powder broke in shipping, the product is all still in there, so it’s no loss. Hey, it’s super hot, the mail carriers don’t exactly treat every box like glass, and it’s powder anyway, so really, no big deal. I was able to press the pieces back into the compact, so even though it might not look perfect, it’s still the same product. The lip glaze was the spoiler product this month and I’m SO SO glad I got the bright red color. Anyway, before I go on too much, on to the products!
- Mirabella Mineral Highlighting Powder – 7.5 g / $40 – (Full Size Product) I received the color, “Glowing Coral,” which is a peach sort of tone. I’m not big into highlighters since I don’t generally do a full-face foundation and this is a touch too sparkly to be using as a highlighter, in my opinion. However, I think the color would make a great eyeshadow base since it’s just a wee bit lighter than my natural skin tone, so it’s not going to waste! It did arrive in pieces, but again, with the heat and being jumbled around in shipping, it was bound to happen, but at least it all stayed in the compact and didn’t spill all over and was easy enough to press back into place.
- Makeup Eraser Mini – 4 pack / $30 – (Single cloth value is $7.50) I love the idea of a nearly infinitely reuseable and washable cloth for removing makeup, but why does it have to be pink?! In case you missed it, pink is my least favorite color in the world and I go out of my way to avoid ANYTHING pink. Still, I’m eager to see if this actually works using just water, no soap, to remove makeup which will be especially great around my eyes since I tend to be super sensitive to nearly everything. I’ll be sure to post an update here after I have a chance to give it a try!
- Plain Jane Beauty Conceal Stick – 2 mL / $13.95 – (Full Size Product) I received the shade, “Moonstone,” which is really just a hair too light for me, I think. It might be okay once we’re back to winter pale, but during peak summer, it’s just a little too light. It does work though as an under-eye concealer and it contains tea tree oil, so if you’re using it to cover blemishes, it helps to get rid of them at the same time.
- Face Atelier Lip Glaze Petite – 7.5 mL / $17 – (Full Size Product) I received the color, “Mystique,” which is this beautiful perfect stunner of a red. It goes on much like lip gloss, but the pigmentation is really incredible and not like a gloss at all. I’m absolutely loving this, and it’s definitely my favorite product out of the box.
- Earth’s Beauty Shea & Aloe Lipstick – .14 oz / $15.95 – (Full Size Product) I received the color, “Summer Quartz,” and it’s a shimmery nude-ish pink that goes on very sheer. It means it’s a rather nice everyday sort of color that won’t be too much, plus with the moisturizing ingredients, it feels really smooth on.
- Medusa’s Makeup Eyeshadow – 2 g / $8 – (Full Size Product) I received the color, “Electro Purple,” and hooboy is it purple. It does go on lightly and isn’t as pigmented as it seems in the container, but it builds up nicely if you want a super crazy purple. There’s LOTS of glitter in this too!
Overall value is $102.40 for a six item box which is pretty incredible. The box costs $29.95 for a month-to-month subscription, so the value is amazing in comparison to the cost. Super happy this month, looking forward to see what’s in store for August!