The final Espionage Cosmetics BOOM!Box has arrived! They said they’re going to take a break to tweak some things and figure out the future of the BOOM!Box, so this may be the last one for a little while. Needless to say, they went out with a bang! The theme was “Frozen” so I assumed it would be full of goodies from the movie of the same name, but you really never know what they’re going to come up with! Wouldn’t you know it too, this arrived during our first snow of the winter and it’s snowed practically all week since, so the timing is pretty amusing.
- Frozen Fractals Patch – The photo just does not do this justice! It’s a translucent snowflake iron-on patch that’s PACKED with sparkly rhinestones. I mean, loaded with sparkle. It’s really flexible too, so it’ll work well no matter where you decide to use it.
- Frosty Giant Patch – Another iron-on patch, this time of Loki nomming away at a giant ice cream cone! This is a super cute design, and I’m going to have a hard time deciding which pieces of clothing or bags are worthy enough to be graced by such awesomeness!
- Freeze on Contact Nail Wrap – On the left, the Freeze on Contact wrap is a little nod to Mortal Kombat and Sub-Zero! I LOVE THESE. LOVE LOVE LOVE. The design features freeze beams and loads of blue glitter on a glossy wrap.
- Abominable Snowman Nail Wrap – On the right, the Abominable Snowman wrap features cute little abominable snowman amidst glittery blue snowflakes. I’m SO glad they added this guy to the Frozen theme!
- Snowdrift Cuticle Balm – I was just thinking to myself that I needed to get more cuticle balm, and what could be more perfect than moisturizing cuticle balm for winter dry hands?! The scent is “Snowdrift” which is a light sort of linen and floral scent – not overpowering at all, and it’s really pleasant. The ingredient list is amazing too with a blend of Argan and Jojoba oils as well as Mango, Shea, and Cocoa butters.
- Frosty EC Scarf – This scarf is printed with the new EC logo set that’s also seen on the new eyeshadow collections, but it’s so much more than a scarf! The packaging shows 13 different ways to use it, but I’m sure that’s not the end of the possibilities. I like that it’s lightweight but still insulating so that I can fold it up, toss it in my bag, and never be caught without a cowl or hat when I need it. I personally use these scarves as hats – I have longish curly hair, so I do a half twist (bringing opposite seams together at the bottom, folding it in half, giving it a hole in the top) and pull my hair through the hole and the open edges over my ears. I’ll have to post a video since it’s kind of hard to explain, but it works REALLY well and keeps my curls from getting smooshed inside a regular hat.
- Moe + Co. Ring of Silver – Oh my. I mean, I didn’t expect this! What a pretty silver ring! The ring is open in the back which allows it to be adjustable and fit any ring size. It’s 7-strand braided design with each ‘strand’ consisting of a smooth and a twisted silver element that work to catch the light just right.
Our print and product card are on the same sheet again (a paper-saving method I really like). The print is “Queen vs. King” by Noël Clark and is definitely a nod to the movie, Frozen. The color palette is just perfect for the theme and fits well with all the other items.
The value here is again, really hard to determine since a lot of these items are exclusive to the box. The nail wraps go for $10 each on the website, and the ring has an MSRP of $19, so we’re already at $39 for just those three items. The box costs $36.25 including shipping, so the value is already above the cost! I think this may be one of my favorite boxes yet, and it’s so hard to pick a favorite item since they’re all excellent! I had to quality assurance test the scarf (or hat, as the case may be), and I’ve had it on the whole time I’ve been sitting here. Anyway! I really hope they’re able to bring this box back quickly since I’m going to miss seeing this box every quarter. It’s really the only one that caters specifically to nerdy ladies and has a crazy wide range of items and fandoms.
In case you’re interested in other Espionage Cosmetics gear or want to join on the new Literary Nexus shipment, click through my referral link here!