June’s Vegan Cuts Beauty Box arrived over a week ago, but I’m finally posting it now! June’s theme was, “Uplifting Beauty,” so I expected aromatherapy sort of products, and it definitely delivered! There is a repeat company from last month, Little Moon, but it’s a different product in a different scent, so that’s totally fine with me. There are two items that are misses (the lip product and body cream), but everything else is great!
- Little Moon Mineral Bath – 382 g / $16 – (Product is 28 g, value of $1.17 by volume) The scent for this bath salt is “Beach All You Want” and was the scent I was interested in after looking at the company last month. It almost smells a bit like Tang, but the sandalwood and coconut make it just a bit more interesting than just plain citrus. The product card mentions that this can be used as a shower scrub as well which is something I hadn’t thought about doing with bath salts like this! I’m not really into baths, so that’s a great way to repurpose these scrubs. Looks like I can add the salt mixture to coconut oil to make a really nice scrub too!
- Jing Ai Lip & Cheek Glo – .15 oz / $10 – (Product is full size) The color is “Pink Chiffon.” I was SO excited about this until I put it on and it looked like I had colored my lips with pale pastel pink chalk. The formula is so great, but the color is a COMPLETE miss. It’s lightly lemon-lime scented, and I seriously do love the formula, but the color.. ugh. It’s unwearable. I may be able to use it to layer over darker reds to bring them up a little or add a pearly pink shimmer, but as-is? It’s a nope. I’m just too pale to be able to pull off such a chalky pink color.
- Sade Baron Body Cream – 2 oz / $9.00 – (Product is full size) The scent is “Jasmine” which is my all-time most-disliked scent. I did give it a quick try in the spirit of fairness, and I do like the formula, but the jasmine scent is a total deal breaker. I really loathe smelly florals like this. It’s a shame, because the company does have other scents available (Lavandin!!) and even an unscented version, but this scent is a complete pass for me.
- Clarisea Powder Exfoliant – 5 oz / $14 – (Product is 1 oz, value of $2.80) The scent is “Lavender” and this smells SO good – it’s an herbal lavender instead of a sweet, soapy lavender. The idea is that you add a little to your regular face cleanser to add an exfoliating boost. The scrub is finer than a coarse sugar or salt scrub, so it’s a little gentler on your skin. I did give this a try already, added to my usual cleanser, and it was just the right level of scrub without being too harsh.
- Adoratherapy Mood Boost Spray – 10 mL / $30 – (Product is 8 mL, value of $24 by volume) What cute packaging! This came in a neat little slide box with the spray nestled inside a foam insert. The scent I received is “Awake” which is a blend of organic lavender, frankincense, patchouli, rosewood, tulsi, neroli and cinnamon. This is a really fun scent! Cinnamon can sometimes overpower everything, and you can tell the cinnamon is there up front, but it’s tempered by the other ingredients and blends into something that really does smell energizing. I totally dig it.
- Earthly Body Miracle Oil – 1 oz / $11.99 – (Product is .34 oz, value of $4.08 by volume) It’s a blend of soybean, avocado, hemp, apricot, jojoba, tea tree, eucalyptus, and rosemary oils meant to be used anywhere your skin needs a little boost. Some of the suggestions include dry feet/heels, nails and cuticles, stretch marks, etc. It mostly smells like tea tree oil, but that’s pretty pungent stuff, so it’s going to take over wherever it’s used. A wee little drop does go a long way, and this will be great to stash away for dry winter skin.
Overall the value comes to $51.05 which is great for a box that costs $22.95 on a month-to-month basis! I’m a little bummed that the two full size products were misses for me, but that still leaves me with my cost covered, and I do really love that Adoratherapy spray scent. I’m glad that they suggested the mineral bath can be used as a scrub because I’m definitely going to do that. Even with the two misses, this was a pretty good box, and there was a nice variety of products! Looking forward to next month!