March’s Benevolent Beauty Box is here! It’s another great box with a wide variety of products and I’m eager to try everything as usual.
- Terre Mere Charcoal Blenders – 1 set / $44 – (Product is full size) Probably one of the most high value products I’ve seen in the box yet, the set of two charcoal blenders in different sizes is pretty neat. I’ll admit that I don’t use foundation ever really, but it looks like these also work well for primer and powders, so I’ll have to give them a try. That little one looks like it might work really well for concealing my perpetually-exhausted under-eye circles.
- Zuii Certified Organic Flora Lipstick – 4 g / $27.50 – (Product is full size) I received the color “Charm” which is a really hard color to describe – almost a pinkish brick red? The color is buildable, so it goes on sheer at first and works into a more opaque color with each extra coat. The verdict is out on the color for me so far.. I think it might work better once my skin has had a little exposure to the spring and summer sun. But, I do like the rich and moisturizing formula!
- Luminate Vitamin C Serum – 30 mL / $19 – (Product is full size) This is a super thick serum with hyaluronic acid, vitamin c, and jojoba oil which my dry skin loves! For being such a thick, gel-like consistency out of the bottle, it disappears into my skin nearly instantly, leaving behind no oily residue.
- LippyGirl Pipod Pressed Mineral Blush – 3 g / $25 – (Product is full size) I received the color “Tangy” which is a really orange tone for a blush, so I doubt I’ll be able to use it as a blush. But hey, any pressed powder also doubles as an eye shadow, and I really do like the color on my lids since the peachy tone brings up the greens in my hazel eyes. It’s got a golden shimmer to it as well which will make it perfect for summer eye makeup.
- Body Stuff Face Mask – 12 g / $7 – (Product is test-tube size) This mask is packaged in a neat little test tube and arrives dry so you can add your favorite liquid to it (honey or yogurt for a real treat, or plain old tap water works fine too). I haven’t tried this yet, so I can’t report about how it works, but I love the unique packaging and of course, a mud mask is something I’m always happy to see in boxes!
The total value of the box comes to $122.50 which is a great value for the cost of $29.99 on a month-to-month basis. Even if the blush color doesn’t really work as a blush for me, it makes for a really great eye shadow color, so there’s really nothing in this box that I won’t use (one way or another). I think the big winner for me is the serum because my skin is just perpetually a desert, and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it sunk into my skin for being such a thick gel. As always, looking forward to the next month!