Not a bad box! If you’ll remember, I got the Konjac sponge in last month’s box too, but Goodebox has assured me it’s an error and they’ll make up for it in the next box. The other items though, I’m really pretty pleased with! The sugar cleanser is exactly what I like to use on my face. I’d gotten the Ellovi butter before, but LOVED it so much, I’m not at all upset to see it again. Anyway, before I go on and on, here’s the contents of the box.
- My Konjac French Green Clay Sponge – 1 sponge / $10 – (Product is full size) Like I mentioned above, a computer glitch caused the same item to be sent two months in a row. Usually Goodebox does a fantastic job managing who got what which month, but this one slipped through. I’m SO not a fan of these sponges like I mentioned in last month’s post, so I won’t go into that again. Goodebox said they’ll make up for it next month, and I’m perfectly happy with that resolution.
- Odacite (Pe+C) Peach Cypress Serum Concentrate – 5 mL / $32 – (Product is approx .7 mL, value of $4.48) This is a teeny little sample of a pretty pricey serum. After washing my face, I dabbed a little out of the vial onto my finger (twice) and distributed it around my face. It smells more cypressy than peachy, but it’s a rich oil and a little does go a long way without getting greasy or oily and does seem to stop my oily spots from getting oily. This particular formulation is for combination skin which is probably the one I would’ve chosen for myself out of all of the options. I’m not wowed by it to the point that I’d consider purchasing it, but it was fun to try!
- Alima Pure Brow Pencil – 1 stick / $18 – (Product is full size) I received the color, “Deep” which is pretty much the right shade. I’ll admit that I prefer something like Benefit’s Gimme Brow since it builds fiber onto your natural eyebrow hair and looks more natural than a pencil. The outer half of my eyebrows is really thin, so I thought this might work to help fill in underneath the brow gel, but it turns out it just feels like it looks fake to me and I’d rather just use the brow gel on its own. It’s still a nice pencil, and I think I’ll repurpose it as eyeliner.
- Ellovi Mint Chocolate Body Butter – 3.5 oz / $26 – (Product is .34 oz, value of $2.53) I’ve gotten this product before and oh is it ever a joy. The scent of the butter is wonderful and it’s just perfect for the fall and winter. So glad to see this come through a subscription box again!
- MyChelle Refining Sugar Cleanser – 3.5 oz / $25 – (Product is full size) I tried this out right away because I love a good exfoliating scrub. Of course, I tried it and THEN read the back of the tube. I was a little disappointed at first that the sugar dissolved pretty quickly and didn’t stick around long enough to exfoliate, but it turns out if I use it on dry skin with dry hands first and then wet my hands after, I can get a good scrub and then let the water dissolve the sugar and turn the cleanser into a nice lather. The scent isn’t good or bad really, and I do like the way it both exfoliates and then turns into a foamy cleanser for the best of both worlds.
The total value comes out to $60.01 which is definitely on the higher end for this box. That includes the Konjac sponge, even though it was a mistake. It also looks like the name is changing from Goodebox to Good Being as well as incorporating a few changes to the box structure, so I’ll reflect the name change in future posts. As always, looking forward to next month’s box!