Another month, another Medusa’s Makeup subscription box! This is the one for the current month, January 2019, and it arrived at least a week ago, maybe more. I did say I’m getting back into blogging, but there’s some catch up to do here. Anyway! This month featured four items and a bonus clear zip bag, and as usual, everything is vegan and cruelty free.
- Totally Baked Eyeshadow – 2 g / $9 – (Full size product) The color is “Fer Sure” and it’s a coppery red color. The eyeshadow is incredibly pigmented, but it can be applied lighter or a super-pigmented gorgeous metallic color. This is the kind of color that works really well to kick up the green in my eyes, so I LOVE this one to bits.
- Lip Balm – .1 oz / $8.95 – (Full size product) The flavor is “Cha Cha Cha Cherry Bomb” (HELLOOOO EARWORM!) and it smells exactly like a very popular brand of cherry lip balm, but this one is vegan and cruelty free. Perfect timing for my dry, chapped winter lips.
- Metallic AF Lip Gloss – .2 oz / $11 – (Full size product) The color is “Bad Medicine” which is a metallic light pink gloss. It goes on like a gloss but then dries almost like a matte lipstick, so it sticks around for a while. The color and metallic shine may be a bit outside of my makeup comfort zone, but I think using this as a layer over a darker lipstick might be fun to try.
- Mystical Eyedust – 3 g / $11.95 – (Full size product) The color is “Psykhe” which is a really interesting chameleon of a color that looks purple and brown but with a gold shimmer. It’s a really neat color and I can’t wait to use it.
- Makeup Bag – ?? – Bonus item this month! I’m not a huge fan of plastic, but I do like having bags like this for travel, and I’m pretty sure this one would be okay to use as your carry-on baggie of liquids on a plane.
The total value of this box comes to $40.90 plus the value of the bonus makeup bag which is pretty great for a cost of only $16.95 per month! It looks like the price went up $1 this past month, but the longer term subscriptions of 6 and 12 months bring the price down to $15.50 and $14.95 a month respectively. I love that all the products are cruelty free and vegan, and it’s just a fun box to get every month.